The Cook family will be headed back to Dallas tomorrow for another big week. We planned this long weekend a few months ago expecting no appointments. Just time to visit with family and friends that we don’t get to spend quality time with when we are there for medical reasons.
And then….we started getting concerned about Callie Anne’s skull shape and lack of room for brain growth so we made an appointment to visit with Dr. Fearon while we were there so he could get his hands on her and give us an updated opinion.
And then….we had the really bad sleep study results at ACH at the beginning of June and Dr. Fearon felt we needed to repeat it to make sure the results were accurate. So now the fun long weekend has turned into a stressful medical trip.
David and I are both feeling a great deal of anxiety about this week because the sleep study results will determine some next steps. Will they take her tonsils out? Will she need a tracheostomy? Or will the results be less troubling and give us a little more time to let her grow? We’ve made some changes with her sleeping position, we’ve changed some medications, and we have adjusted her night time continuous feed. I think we can honestly say that we’ve done everything in our power to make sure CA is doing as well as possible. Now we just have to sit back and wait and see.
We also hope to get some very definite answers about what the next surgery will be and when it will happen.
So…we will be coming home with a lot of information and we pray that we will be able to handle whatever happens.
Prayers would definitely be appreciated.
We pray that the sleep study results will be better than last time.
We pray that we will get a good idea about our upcoming surgery schedule.
We pray that we will all feel a peace that it is in God’s hands and that we have done everything we can up to this point.
And until later….we will keep this in mind…